Whilst Criterion continue to focus very much on the High Net Worth market, our range of services has expanded considerably over the years and we now handle complex household claims and commercial losses, the latter particularly and increasingly in the Real Estate sector. Our adjusting team handles a wide range of claims across this sector including commercial offices, factories and residential.
The development of our Real Estate services over the years has arisen out of our involvement on behalf of contents insurers in relation to multi-occupancy residential buildings. It became increasingly evident that there was a complete disconnect when separate adjusters were involved on behalf of the buildings insurer and contents insurer leading to higher than necessary indemnity spend and poor customer outcomes.
Criterion take a joined-up approach when dealing with the building claim for the freeholder and the contents claim for the leaseholder and there can be no doubt this not only benefits the customer journey but also results in demonstrable savings. These savings arise as a complete overview of the whole claim enabling more strategic decisions to be taken, leveraging economies of scale on building works, alternative accommodation and loss of rent. Our expertise includes the interpretation of leases which allows responsibilities to be established at an early stage and any issues arising to be addressed very quickly, avoiding unnecessary delays and disputes.
We have developed our expertise from our residential real estate portfolio into the wider commercial property sector where we are becoming increasingly successful. Conflicts of interest arise very rarely but when they do, we have a robust and clear policy to provide guidance in such situations.
Key Features of our Real Estate Service:
– Single point of contact
– Tailored and individual client solutions
– Immediate review of all new instructions by the Operations Manager to make sure case allocation and next steps are appropriate
– A dedicated single adjuster is always appointed to manage the claim from start to finish, with additional adjusting support provided
as and when required
– Dedicated support function, each of our loss adjusters has high quality individual administrative support
– Full UK coverage on a 24/7/365 basis
– Dedicated Client and Product Relationship Manager
– Head of Real Estate totally familiar with the market and personally involved in dealing with claims
– Our Broker promise means we will keep Brokers fully informed of progress throughout the claim
– Tailored Management Information will be supplied through systems access, portals and a range of reporting
– Innovation, we constantly seek to innovate our processes, systems and service offerings
We have a range of complimentary services that support our core Real Estate offerings. These include:
– Criterion Surveyors who carry out pre-loss and valuation surveys
– Criterion Claims Management (CCM) – our own third party administrator
We would be delighted to discuss our service in more detail and if you would like further information, please do not hesitate to contact the following:
Alistair Spence – Head of Real Estate
Mark Pierce – Operations Director