Criterion has an unrivalled track record in handling claims for Fine Art, Antiques, Jewellery and Specie and we provide market leading tailored solutions to the investigation and settlement of claims in this sector. We handle the complete range of losses in this sector from serious fires in galleries to robberies for High Net Worth customers. We are proud of the quality of the service we deliver and it goes without saying that discretion and understanding is at the heart of all that we do.
Our Fine Art and Specie Division includes exceptionally experienced Adjusters such as Chris Monks, Sean Ball and Simon Gearing. Our team continues to gradually expand and we believe we provide the very best service and capability available in this specialist marketplace.
Key Features of our Fine Art and Specie Service:
– Dedicated single point of contact 24/7/365
– Exceptionally experienced team of Specialist Adjusters who handle only Fine Art, Antiques, Jewellery and Specie claims
– Nationwide service throughout the UK but we also cover the whole of Europe and handle claims elsewhere in the world
– Service standards, KPI’s and SLA’s all tailored to our client’s specific requirements
– We consistently meet and exceed our clients and their customers’ expectations
– Longstanding relationships with specialist suppliers including Valuers, Auctioneers and Recovery Agencies
– A sophisticated supply chain including all necessary skills required such as Conservators, Restorers, Jewellers and Antique specialists
– Desktop claims handling service using our specialist claims team is also available
Additional Services Available:
Valuation & Appraisal
We are able to provide a menu of services including pre and post loss appraisals and valuations for our clients. This facility includes Modern Collectibles, Jewellery, Antiques, Fine Art and all Objet d’art. We provide desktop valuations where a full adjusting service is not required via our on-line valuation services which include access to auction house and other sales room records.
The recovery of stolen art and antiques comprises a Criterion specialism and we have achieved many notable successes over the years returning stolen property to the original owners or to insurers. This frequently requires the assistance of outside agencies and we maintain excellent relationships with all of the law enforcement and art recovery services throughout the world.
Sale of Salvage
Our close relationship with all of the leading Auction Houses and regional specialists enables us to arrange the sale of many items that might otherwise simply be disposed of. We have had considerable successes in this area which have significantly reduced our clients indemnity spend. We believe this is an area frequently overlooked by some adjusters and indeed by some insurers and underwriters but on where substantial returns can be achieved.